The Beginning of Something Else

On June 1, 2007 I found out my husband and partner of almost two decades had been unfaithful to me since before our marriage, and had been having intercourse with prostitutes for 3 1/2 years. This is what happened next.

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Letting go of clinging to money

One of the things I want to let go of is clinging to money. I often put things off because I'm worried about spending the money. But this can turn into a bigger expense later. So I'm going to let go of clinging to money and focus on using money appropriately.

Clinging to money comes out of a fear of not having enough. My parents were irresponsible with money, and we always lived paycheck to paycheck. I've never felt like I had enough money. I don't want to say I'm letting to of the fear, because that feels too simplistic. We've been bombarded by "just let go of it" as a solution. But what doesn't get faced gets pushed down to fester. I want to be with that fear, see where I can take responsibility, and take action on those points. 

  • Be present to the fear.
  • Identify actions to take.
  • Take action.

No comments: