The Beginning of Something Else

On June 1, 2007 I found out my husband and partner of almost two decades had been unfaithful to me since before our marriage, and had been having intercourse with prostitutes for 3 1/2 years. This is what happened next.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Inspiration from Elizabeth Edwards

I just listened to excerpts from an interview with Elizabeth Edwards, and she mentioned the lyrics to a Leonard Cohen song that reflected the perspective I've gained from this experience:

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

-Anthem, Leonard Cohen


It felt good to recognize my journey, and be reminded again that others share this journey even though we're each on our own path.

Waking up is scary, but I'm not doing it alone.

And it's good to see and feel the light that's getting in.

1 comment:

Wifey said...

Thanks so much for sharing that!