The Beginning of Something Else

On June 1, 2007 I found out my husband and partner of almost two decades had been unfaithful to me since before our marriage, and had been having intercourse with prostitutes for 3 1/2 years. This is what happened next.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tip of the iceberg?

I have a sick feeling that my experience is only part of the tip of a very big iceberg that we face as a very troubled society.

Dan Rather's article in the Huffington Post describes the trafficking of child prostitutes on the west coast.

It's so sad and disturbing, because I see our society getting worse before it gets better because inappropriate sexuality is so accepted in the mainstream.

But all the more reason to speak out, to shine light where there is darkness, misinformation and denial. It's time to start talking about what is HEALTHY rather than what people want to do. Because sometimes what people want to do, (or what they're willing to do) even if it's legal, isn't healthy and we need the tools to be able to make that distinction. Do what one will, fine. But let's have a clearer line about what results in healthy, well adjusted adults who are able to have intimate relationships.

3 comments:

Bernadine said...

Hey Woman Anonymous7--

I have a post sort of related, in a way-- at least in the triggering, child sex slaves kind of way.

It's so hard for me to hear about this stuff- I hope it really doesn't get worse before it gets better. We can hope, right?

hugs.
Bernie

FI0NA said...

Completely agree

Jayne Dough said...

I watched the movie TRADE on a very similar topic. I will never think of prostitution again. It was very emotionally heavy and had a great DVD commentary.