The Beginning of Something Else

On June 1, 2007 I found out my husband and partner of almost two decades had been unfaithful to me since before our marriage, and had been having intercourse with prostitutes for 3 1/2 years. This is what happened next.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Finding compassion...or not

I'm having trouble finding compassion for some of Husband's struggles. And yet, having decided to try to make things work, there is really no other path.

He seems to be in the throes of midlife crisis, and sometimes this is so irritating to me. Maybe it's really that his struggles scare me. I don't want to see him vulnerable in this way. I don't what to see him feeling worthless, dissatisfied, defeated.

If they stay long enough, do all women wake up at some point and wonder how they ended up with the man they're sharing their life with? (I pose this question about straight women, as I imagine, probably in ignorance, that women with women don't face this situation because women seem so much more resilient than men.)

No comments: