The Beginning of Something Else

On June 1, 2007 I found out my husband and partner of almost two decades had been unfaithful to me since before our marriage, and had been having intercourse with prostitutes for 3 1/2 years. This is what happened next.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lingering effects of flashing back

Along with my determination to face what is there to be faced, I feel anxiety and agitation and a feeling of being overwhelmed.

I had a day in which I felt like I was slogging through quicksand at work - working hard and not getting much done. Unfortunate, since there is a lot to do.

And I have an underlying feeling of dread or anxiety mixed with a disconnectedness from things. The only thing I feel truly connected to in my immediate environment is my son. I feel that distance creeping in between me and Husband - like a veil that drops down when I feel threatened. I can see him through it, but I'm not fully present in the moment. I feel like an observer watching us in a movie.

I feel short tempered. I want a drink. I'm going to exercise. Hopefully that will get my chemicals back in balance. Whatever happened inside me yesterday, whatever chemicals my body released in reaction to seeing that hotel, I'm still feeling the effects tonight.

No comments: