The Beginning of Something Else

On June 1, 2007 I found out my husband and partner of almost two decades had been unfaithful to me since before our marriage, and had been having intercourse with prostitutes for 3 1/2 years. This is what happened next.

Friday, November 2, 2007

A nice quiet evening

Our date last night was nice and relaxing. We went to a pub and then to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. Husband brought me flowers and balloons and a beautiful card he'd written. I gave him a wallet sized version of our wedding promises, which brought tears to his eyes. I made one for myself, too, so I can easily re-presence myself to what I've promised. We've agreed that we don't ever want to be so unconsciously disconnected from each other again.

It was a happy evening, and we had a wonderful time together. Five months ago I wouldn't have imagined that.

3 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Yay! Things do get better. :)

joy said...

I'm glad you had a nice night with no drama. That's something I'm looking forward to.

Anonymous said...

I think you are an amazingly strong woman. I've just come across your blog today & love that you're so honest about all the highs & lows that you continue to go through. Every day is different & you treat it as such. I want to say "best of luck" but that's not really what I mean. I guess what I want to say is I hope you can find happiness & peace in your marriage. Thank you for blogging.