The Beginning of Something Else

On June 1, 2007 I found out my husband and partner of almost two decades had been unfaithful to me since before our marriage, and had been having intercourse with prostitutes for 3 1/2 years. This is what happened next.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The secret

Had lunch with a dear friend today. She found out about her husband's long term relationship with another woman early last year.

She said, "Maybe life is kind of like a pencil sharpener, and all of us are just a bunch of pencils."

Now that's an insight.

I certainly feel as if I've had a layer of skin peeled off.

3 comments:

joy said...

Yeah. I feel like I've had a layer of my skin peeled off, too. Maybe with some kind of acid. OR with a cheese grater.

Rae said...

Pencils ... ouch. Tenderness of fresh skin ... comforting.

You've been tagged if you have the time to participate: http://raesconfessions.blogspot.com/2008/01/i-feel-special-ive-been-tagged.html

My name is Ken and I'm a sex addict. said...

I like that thought. What if the pencil fights the sharpener? How does that look...?

I think that addictions are maybe a way of avoiding the sharpener..