The Beginning of Something Else

On June 1, 2007 I found out my husband and partner of almost two decades had been unfaithful to me since before our marriage, and had been having intercourse with prostitutes for 3 1/2 years. This is what happened next.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Break Out Blogger

A nice thing happened today.

I found out that I've been given a Break Out Blogger Award:



Hopefully that means that more people will be able to find my blog and begin to understand that they are neither crazy nor alone.

Betrayal and infidelity are universal problems, and because of that there are common human stories and experiences that cut across all demographics. I think these commonalities are part of the path of healing...knowing that there are others who have gone through all this pain, anguish, confusion, anger, disillusionment, loneliness, and despair (to name a few) and have survived, and in many cases come out stronger, happier and healthier. These shared feelings, thoughts and experiences are a beacon of light when the storm is bad and you can't see the land. Mamampj has been that for me, and it's good to think that our blogs and others like them will provide that for others.

2 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Well, congratulations! :) I do hope more people find you. Sex addiction is seen as so shameful by so many that it can be hard to find help and support. And it's amazing and healing when one does find it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, you deserve it.