The Beginning of Something Else

On June 1, 2007 I found out my husband and partner of almost two decades had been unfaithful to me since before our marriage, and had been having intercourse with prostitutes for 3 1/2 years. This is what happened next.

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Thought I was done with these kinds of days

I continue to feel heavy-hearted, empty, sick to my stomach and unable to focus. Things have been going so well I thought I was done with these kinds of days. I immediately think I don't have a right to feel this way anymore - like it's self-indulgent. But then I remember something I read The Dance of Anger: "We have the right to everything we think and feel - and so does everyone else." I don't have the right to make others responsible, but I have a right to my feelings.

So today I'm feeling down. And I'm going to try not to resist my desire to justify it.

No comments: