The Beginning of Something Else

On June 1, 2007 I found out my husband and partner of almost two decades had been unfaithful to me since before our marriage, and had been having intercourse with prostitutes for 3 1/2 years. This is what happened next.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Husband is traveling for business

Just found out that Husband will be traveling for business for a couple of days. Leaving on the red-eye tonight.

Following are the questions I had to ask:
    What about your meetings - can you do by phone?
    Are you going to rent movies? What is your plan with respect to food, alcohol, sex?
    Just so I'm clear, what is "acting out?" Movies, magazines, clubs? Where do those fall? More specifically, what is okay (by your definition) for you to do?
    About alcohol - is nine drinks okay? I know it is in terms of abstinence, but what is your plan - what do you commit to now so that when you're sitting at the bar you'll have a point of reference?
    And does this feel like I'm trying to control you? I'm just wondering...

So...yet another indication of where I am at this point in the journey.

What do these questions indicate? Hell if I know. But I know I'll look back in a year and knowingly say, "Ahhhh, yes..." and see clearly through what is now sometimes a dense forest to me.

1 comment:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

My husband did most of his acting out while traveling (especially on business), so travel freaked both of us out for a long time. He switched jobs when he started recovery to one that did not require travel. It has taken me a long time not to go crazy with worry when he goes away.