The Beginning of Something Else

On June 1, 2007 I found out my husband and partner of almost two decades had been unfaithful to me since before our marriage, and had been having intercourse with prostitutes for 3 1/2 years. This is what happened next.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

To my husband

I always felt that I knew you with the certainty that I knwe the sun would rise. And your eyes were the source of truth for me. I knew I could always look there and find clarity.

So now there isn't a place to look for truth and clarity. I only have myself. Which is probably the only real truth anyway. Nothing is ever going to be what you think it is. That's why we're suppodpsed to
expect the unexpected. I think that's another truth maybe - you don't know what you think you know, so take responsibility for that and act accordingly.

I am sad. I hate this. I want to go back, but os course that's a futile exercise. So I just want this to be over. I want to be where we have begun to recreate love and trust and knowing each other.

No comments: